On Thursday, May 5, 2022, extensions for the entire Village of Ridgewood will be changed to new, unique four-digit extensions, as part of an upgrade to our Phone System. The main number for the Village of Ridgewood is still 201-670-5500
Residents who received a Village Calendar can find new extensions for each department group and head personnel on the last two pages.
Callers for Village Hall will be able to navigate through a call menu to reach their desired department without knowing the exact extension. A directory by name will also be accessible for callers. If you know your party’s extension, you will be able to dial it at any time.
If you wish to reach a department – simply call the main number (201-670-5500) and perform one of the following:
- If you know your party’s extension, you may enter the extension as soon as you call the main number, or enter it before dialing in, according to your mobile or landline phone instructions.
- Navigate to the department using the menu by calling the main number and listening to the prompts. You will be told which number to press for each department. Most departments have sub-menus, which will prompt you to press again to speak to the proper staff member.
- Enter the proper extension by locating the extension on the Village Website.
- Ask our Receptionist for assistance at any time, by dialing zero, so that you may be transferred to the Village employee you are calling.
- Use the directory by name by pressing 9, after calling the main number. You may dial by first or last name of the Village employee you are trying to reach.
- Hits: 833