The Village of Ridgewood is in search of volunteers to serve on the Ridgewood Historic Preservation Commission as Class A, Class B, and Class C members:
- Class A members are knowledgeable in building design and construction or architectural history.
- Class B members are knowledgeable about, or have a demonstrated interest in, local Ridgewood history.
- Class C members are residents of Ridgewood holding no other office, position, or employment except for membership on the Planning Board or Zoning Board of Adjustment.
- Qualified Class A and B members may reside outside of Ridgewood.
- HPC duties are listed below – HPC meets monthly on a Thursday at 7:30pm – meetings may be added on an as-needed basis.
Please complete the Ridgewood Citizen Volunteer Leadership Form and submit w/cover letter, resume and/or bio to djackson@RidgewoodNj.net (copy Mayor Knudsen sknudsen@RidgewoodNJ.net) no later than March 31, 2021 (subject line: HPC) http://www.ridgewoodnj.net/departments/village-clerk/clerk-forms/download/9-village-clerk/40-citizen-volunteer-leadership-form
Responsibilities of the Ridgewood Historic Preservation Commission:
- To identify, record and maintain a system for survey and inventory of all buildings, sites, places, landmarks and structures of historical or architectural significance based on the Secretary of the Interior's Standards and Guidelines for Archaeology and Historic Preservation (Standards and Guidelines for Identification); and to aid the public in understanding their worth, methods of preservation, techniques of gathering documentation and related matters.
- To advise the Planning Board on the relationship of the Historic Preservation Plan Element of the Master Plan to other Master Plan elements.
- To advise the Planning Board on the inclusion of historic sites and landmarks in the recommended Capital Improvement Program.
- To advise the Planning Board and Zoning Board of Adjustment on applications for development pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40:55D-110.
- Attend regular monthly meeting and additional meetings, as necessary.
- Hits: 468