Ridgewood Shade Tree Commission
February 8, 2022
The regular meeting of the Ridgewood Shade Tree Commission was called to order at 7:35PM. The meeting was held virtually on Zoom.
Andrew Lowry, Michael Sedon, Ian Keller, Carolyn Jacoby, Declan Madden, Nancy Brennan-Hill, Mahmoud Hamza
Membership & Terms of Service
New members appointed to 5-year terms are:
·Terms of Service
Mike will forward the terms of current members and we discuss re-appointments at the next meeting.
- Members were encouraged to get Core Training this year as it is available via Zoom and does not require the usual trip to Cherry Hill.
Village Meetings members encouraged to attend
- Village Council Master Plan (Feb. 15 – 7:30 Village Hall)
- Parks and Shade Tree Dept. Budget presentation (Feb. 16 – 5 PM Village Hall)
Village Dept. Follow ups
- Andrew To follow up with N. Bigos on getting Declan time to finish the caps on the CBD tree water conduits and to prune and inspect trees planted in 2020
- Carolyn is working on Earth Day preparations and the activities/materials planned for the Shade Tree table
- Once funding is confirmed STC will develop a best detailed practices plan for CBD tree well refurbishment and tree planting
- STC needs to work with Shade Tree Dept. to develop and fund a watering plan in 2022 for the 22 trees planted in CBD this year. It could be done by the Village or contracted out.
The STC needs to connect more directly with the Planning Board
- Attendance at meetings is one step
- Perhaps a presentation of the importance of best practices planning for tree planting and locating would be appropriate. For instance, as part of the Master Plan a signoff by the Village Arborist that trees have been planted as designed might be required before a CO is issued.
- Mahmoud to explore opportunity
Meeting Adjourned at 8:45PM
Please let me know if I have missed anything important.
- Hits: 78