Did you know that 20-30% of our solid waste consists of Food Waste & Yard Trimmings? (USEPA estimate) Much of this material can be composted. Learn how you can start composting at home.
- A Guide To Backyard Composting, Bergen County Utilities Authority
- Home Composting, Rutgers NJ Agricultural Experiment Station
- Composting Is Way Easier Than You Think, Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC)
- Composting At Home, EPA.GOV
- Backyard Leaf Composting Fact Sheet, Rutgers NJ Agricultural Experiment Station
- 10 Steps to Starting a Successful School Composting Operation, Maine Department of Environmental Protection, Division of Sustainability
Backyard Composting units are available for purchase from the Bergen County Utilities Authority. Please click here to learn more.
- Hits: 3605