Property Taxpayer Bill of Rights
A property taxpayer has the following rights under New Jersey State Law:
- The right to understand the real property assessment process and the requirements of the New Jersey Constitution concerning the assessment of real property;
- The right to understand the calculation of the assessment on their real property;
- The right to detailed information about how to appeal an assessment of real property; and
- The right to view the real property assessment of any other parcel of real property in the municipality in which the taxpayer’s property is located.
- The Director of the Division of Taxation shall require that the Property Taxpayer Bill of Rights be posted on the webpage of each county board of taxation and each municipality in the State with an Internet webpage.
P.L.2017, c128 (approved 7/21/2017)
- Hits: 2830