20200315 - Local State of Emergency
This is Mayor Ramon Hache. The Village of Ridgewood has been continually working with public agencies including the Department of Health, Bergen County
Executive and the Office of Emergency Management. In the interest of the public health, safety, and welfare of our residents and other persons within the Village of Ridgewood, it has been determined that certain measures must be taken to insure that the authorities will be unhampered in their efforts to combat the spread of COVID-19. Effective immediately, and until further notice, a State of Emergency has been declared within the Village of Ridgewood.
1. Ridgewood Village Hall, The Stable, and all Village offices will be closed to the public. The Police desk, will remain open to the public.
2. All public and Board of Education recreational fields, all school grounds, all tennis, pickleball, and basketball courts, and playgrounds within the Village of Ridgewood are closed, and all organized sports activities within all municipal and Board of Education parks/fields, as well as recreational activities run by the Village of Ridgewood or Board of Education are hereby postponed until further notice.
3. All public meetings of non-essential municipal boards and committees are suspended. The Village Council, Planning Board and Zoning Board of Adjustment will continue to meet but will discourage in-person attendance by members of the public but viewing and public comments may be done remotely.
4. All places of public gatherings shall limit attendance at any event or gathering to 250 or fewer persons.
5. All residents are encouraged to stay within their own properties, avoid large groups and maintain “social distancing” in accordance with CDC guidance.
6. All workplaces within the Village are strongly encouraged to implement and observe CDC workplace social distancing measures, such as replacing in-person meetings with teleworking, modifying, postponing or canceling mass gatherings.
7. All places of public gathering hosting 50 or more persons are strongly urged to use their best efforts to record the name, address, phone or other appropriate contact information of all employees, patrons, visitors, vendors or any other persons within their facilities in order to aid health officials in the event contact tracing activities should become necessary in connection with their operations.
8. All restaurants and bars are urged to encourage take-out and curbside delivery in lieu of in-restaurant dining, and to reduce seating capacity to increase space between groups of patrons to assist in “social distancing” in accordance with CDC guidelines, by maintaining a distance of 6 feet between groups of diners and patrons.
Please understand this is an effort to keep our residents and families safe. As the situation progresses, there may be additional provisions added to the declaration. We must remain calm and vigilant during this time and we must all work together to keep each other safe.
Please visit the Village Website at ridgewoodnj.net. Details will be posted on the main page.
Mayor Ramon M. Hache Sr.
Village of Ridgewood
131 North Maple Avenue
Ridgewood, New Jersey 07450
201-670-5500 Ext. 201