The Historic Preservation Commission shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- A. To identify, record and maintain a system for survey and inventory of all buildings, sites, places, landmarks and structures of historical or architectural significance based on the Secretary of the Interior's Standards and Guidelines for Archaeology and Historic Preservation (Standards and Guidelines for Identification) and to aid the public in understanding their worth, methods of preservation, techniques of gathering documentation and related matters.
- B. To advise the Planning Board on the relationship of the Historic Preservation Plan Element of the Master Plan to other Master Plan elements.
- C. To advise the Planning Board on the inclusion of historic sites and landmarks in the recommended Capital Improvement Program.
- D. To advise the Planning Board and Zoning Board of Adjustment on applications for development pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40:55D-110.
- E. To provide written reports pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40:55D-111 on the application of the Zoning Ordinance provisions concerning historic preservation. : Editor's Note: See Ch. 190, Land Use and Development, Art. X, Zoning.
- F. To carry out such other advisory, educational and informational functions as will promote historic preservation in the municipality.
- G. The Commission shall have all of the responsibilities detailed in N.J.S.A. 40:55D-109 and as the same may hereafter be amended and supplemented.
HISTORIC PRESERVATION COMMISSION MEETINGS:
Meetings are held on the second Thursday of every month at 7:30 p.m. in the Garden Room on the first floor
- PROCEDURE FOR FILING APPLICATION FOR REVIEW
- APPLICATION FOR HISTORIC COMMISSION REVIEW
- GUIDE FOR SIGNS
- GUIDE FOR AWNINGS
- GUIDE FOR BUILDING / FACADE RENOVATIONS
- DESIGN GUIDELINES FOR THE VILLAGE CENTER HISTORIC DISRICT
Susan Knudsen (Village Council Liaison.)
Dianne O'Brien (Planning Board Rep.)
Phone: (201) 670-5500 x 240
- Hits: 11523