Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Twice a Month
- Village Hall
Sydney V. Stoldt, Jr. Courtroom on Level Four
Meeting dates are published in the Village Calendar and are shown in Calendar of Events on this Website.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Gregory Brown, Chairman
Term Expires: December 31, 2025
- Matthew Bandelt, Vice-Chairman
Term Expires: December 31, 2026
- Gary Negrycz, Chairman Pro Tem
Term Expires: December 31, 2024
- Jason Curreri
Term Expires: December 31, 2027
The Zoning Board of Adjustment shall follow the provisions of the Municipal Land Use Law (N.J.S.A. 40:55D-1 et seq.) and Chapter 190 of the Ridgewood Village Code and accordingly shall have authority to:
- Hear and decide appeals where it is alleged by the appellant that there is error in any order, requirement, decision or refusal made by the Zoning Officer based on or made in the enforcement of the zoning regulations.
- Hear and decide requests for interpretation of the Zoning Map or zoning regulations or for decisions upon other special questions upon which the Board is authorized to pass by any zoning regulation or Official Map regulation, in accordance with this chapter and the Municipal Land Use Law.
- Hear and decide requests for variances. Notwithstanding the above, the Zoning Board of Adjustment shall not have the power to hear and decide variances if the application also requires subdivision, site plan or conditional use approval, unless the application involves a "D" variance.
- Exercise control over and review of subdivisions, site plans and conditional uses, only when such applications involve a "D" variance.
- Direct the issuance of building permits for buildings or structures in certain areas shown on an Official Map, unless such building permits also require subdivision, site plan or conditional use approval.
- Direct the issuance of building permits for buildings or structures on a lot not related to a street, unless such building permits also require subdivision, site plan or conditional use approval.
- Prepare at least once a year a report for the Village Council and Planning Board, based upon its review of its decisions on applications and appeals for variances since any previous report. The report shall be adopted by resolution of the Zoning Board of Adjustment and shall comment on the zoning regulations which were the subject of variance requests and shall make recommendations for any amendments to the zoning regulations that the Board may deem appropriate based upon prior variance applications.
Law Firm for the ZBA is McDonnell and Whitaker, LLC (Bruce E Whitaker)
- John Barree, Planner
- M. McKinley Mertz, Planner
- Christopher Rutishauser, PE, Village Engineer
- Counsel Bruce E Whitaker, Esq.
McDonnell and Whitaker, LLC
245 East Main Street
P.O. Box 379
Ramsey, NJ 07446-0379
- Secretary Jane Wondergem
131 North Maple Avenue
Ridgewood, NJ 07450
Phone: 201-670-5500, ext. 2240
Email Jane Wondergem