- 3 pm
- 3rd Tuesday of every month
Meeting ID: 867 7949 9682
Agendas & Minutes
The Ridgewood STIGMA-FREE Initiative is a Village-wide program that aims to reduce the stigma associated with mental illness. We are dedicated to raising awareness of the disease of mental illness and creating a culture wherein residents who have the disease feel supported by their community and neighbors and feel free to seek treatment for the disease without fear of stigma.
Joining the Stigma-Free Initiative will:
- Educate residents that mental illness is a disease and must be treated as such.
- Raise awareness of the prevalence of mental illness in our community.
- Provoke public interest in learning what is "Stigma-Free".
- Providing residents an opportunity to become involved in their community.
- Allow people living with the disease to feel supported by their community and thus decrease feelings of isolation and shame.
- Link people in need of local mental health resources.
- Raise awareness that care is accessible regardless of income.
Maintaining Mindfulness Through the Holiday Season
- Heather Flaherty, LSW from the Lukin Center for Psychotherapy will be speaking about mindfulness, what it is, how it can positively support one's mental health both in our daily lives and during times of heightened stress - like the upcoming holiday season!
- Zoom Recording
- Passcode: G^T.^E2W
- Thinking about therapy, but do not know where to start? Tune into a VIRTUAL chat with Lauren Bomberg, LPC, BC-DMT, and Geoffrey Hillback, LCSW two amazing therapists from the Lukin Center for Psychotherapy. They will be answering questions and giving us a rundown of the Therapy 101 Basics. If you need more information, reach out to the Lukin Center for Psychotherapy at 201-409-0393 or check out at the Lukin Center website.
- Zoom Recording
- Passcode: 93Q8g@r^
How to Have a Healthy Holiday
- In collaboration with the Ridgewood Stigma-Free Committee, Lukin Center for Psychotherapy presents: How to Have a Healthy Holiday. This webinar will cover a variety of topics including loss of a loved one, eating challenges, and family dynamics. Presenters: Gabrielle Ferraro, LCS, Jessica Calucci, LPC, and Geoffrey Hillback, LCSW.
- YouTube Recording
Parenting in the Pandemic - Building Resilience, Coping and Connection within Families
- Clinicians form the Lukin Center for Psychotherapy discuss the impact of Covid on children, parents/guardians, marriages and families. They will provide parents/guardians with tips for the demands of caregiving and ideas on hope to make the most of the pandemic/quarantine.