REAC-Green Team Joint Meeting Minutes 20180515

REAC-Green Team Joint Meeting Minutes 20180515

Attendance:
REAC: George Wolfson, Michael Sedon (Village Council Liaison), Christine Amundsen, Ellie Gruber, Yingying Du, Pam Perron
Green Team: Jiffy Vermylen, George Wolfson, Michael Sedon, Justin Manger, Cathy Brienza, Ellie Gruber,
Other: Serena Iacoviello

1. Minutes from the April meeting were approved.

2. Membership update. Welcome to the official new members! We are updating the website. Mike will clarify Serena’s application status.

3. Highlands Rediscovered. Great film and presentation, but 6pm is just too early to generate a good crowd.

4. Earth Day & Daffodil Festival RECAP. For specific questions, please reference the minutes from the planning committee’s recap meeting. “Parks” will be the 2019 theme. The date will be either 4/14 or 4/28 based on the Easter holiday conflict (4/21).

5. Sustainable Jersey

a. Gold Star—Jiffy has emailed Johanna to set up a data query meeting with the Sustainable Jersey form.
b. Mayor’s Commitment—Mike said that “yes” is expected from Ridgewood.
c. The Green Business Program is one of the ongoing SJ Actions and it was reported 6 business have now signed up, George wants to approach Kings.
d. Grants: The Village grant writer is working on the $20K grant submission (tree survey) and Jiffy will look into submitting a $2K application.
e. SJ Mayor's Climate Summit Feb 3rd – Mike attended virtually and Mayor Knudsen has agreed to pledge the Village to work on sustainability.
f. Signs for Village – expected soon!
g. SJ Bergen Hub – Justin reported on the latest meeting and the Wyckoff progress (190 composters). EV charging stations also discussed RE: grants.
h. grants – Cathy volunteered to research possible grants. Everyone should prepare three ideas/projects worth about $5k so we can have a list of grant-worthy ideas.

6. Schools update. No updates.

7. By-Laws: No updates.

8. Plastic Bag Restrictions: Ellie presented survey. Results will be sent directly to the chamber and guild.

9. Plaque for Andy Antista Tree: Ellie is working on wording and cost with Dan C.

Next Joint Meeting Date:  Tuesday, June 19th @ 7:45pm

  • Hits: 1056

CONTACT THE VILLAGE

131 N MAPLE AVENUE
RIDGEWOOD, NJ  07450

MONDAY - FRIDAY: 8:30AM - 4:30PM
SATURDAY & SUNDAY - CLOSED

 

COPYRIGHT © 2022 VILLAGE OF RIDGEWOOD

If you have any trouble with accessing information contained within this website, please contact the MIS Department - 201-670-5500 x2222 or by email mis@ridgewoodnj.net.

Feedback