OCTOBER 11, 2019
In Attendance: Mayor Hache, Gary Kolesaire , Bill Gilsenan, Jordan Kaufman ,Max Viola
September Minutes not available-Mayor Hache Introduced the 2 new members- Max Viola of Pearl Restaurant and Jordan Kaufman as a resident member
DOWNTOWN PARKING ISSUES DUE TO GARAGE CONSTRUCTION
- Max Viola stated that his restaurant business is down by 50% due to the construction of the parking garage.
- UPS Store cannot do loading zone due to presence of fire hydrant and proximity of cross walk.
- There are loading zones at the intersection of N. Broad and ERA and the intersection of Chestnut St and ERA.
- Village converted a parking space in front of SCRATCH to 15 minute parking as an alternative to a formal loading zone.
- Access to private rear parking lot from South Broad St will be via the driveway adjacent to Pearl Restaurant. This driveway must remain closed until the completion of footings for the parking garage.
- Will investigate the placing an electric billboard at head of ERA directing shoppers parking to either the Walnut Street lot or the Train Station lot.
PARKING GARAGE UPDATE
- Delivery of pre-assembly slabs will be on Hudson St.
- Cranes will be set up on Hudson St which will be required to be closed for a week.
- Completion of garage is scheduled for June of 2020
- Commuter passes will be increased by $25
- Employees passes will be increased by $5
- All meters will be increased to $1.25
- Cost of Garage and all lots should be less than the on-street parking.
- All meters will be removed and entire town will be serviced by kiosks
- 3 of 4 levels will be for permitted users, commenters and employees
- Website for the CBD is in progress, review of the first draft required numerous changes
- There will be a directory for all the businesses in the Village.
BIKE RACKS- POSSIBLE OPTIONS
- Consider Replacing some meters with bike racks.
- Garage will have a designated location for approximately 30 bikes.
- Build bike pod on North Broad St adjacent to Taxi Stand
CBDAC must generate a list of items to improve CBD and submit to Council for inclusion in the next budget.
- Hits: 920