Central Business District Advisory Committee
April 11, 2019
In attendance: Ramon Hache, Gary Kolesaire, Chief Jaqueline Luthcke, Lorrain Reynolds, Michael Velicu, Gail McCarthy, Kathryn Schmidt, Michael Pickholz, Philip Davis, Bill Gilsenan
Absent: Amy Borque, Chris Rutishauser, Mary Jane Shinozuka
Also attending: Scott Lief, Joan Groom, Tom Hillman
Minutes of March 21 meeting were accepted.
- Commuter-designated spaces now available to anyone after 3:00.
- It was requested that we create temporary parking signage during these construction years to help commuters better understand parking options.
- Agreed overall that parking signage needs to be simpler and better.
- North Broad Street parking revenue has increased as a result of changes to parking regulations, reflective of turnover of spaces.
- Kiosks still are a source of complaint for some visitors.
- Gary had convened interested merchants to discuss solutions. Suggestions included moving loading zones to the ends of streets, setting deliveries for earlier in the day, but no solution is perfect.
- Discussed whether loading zone problems are universal throughout the CBD or particular to specific stores or restaurants.
- Ramon will talk to landlords in question.
- Committee has been set up. November 20 is the actual anniversary date. Gail will research and provide more information.
- It was recommended that the Village engage a PR firm to publicize and communicate the 125th anniversary of the Village in a significant way. Such a PR investment could continue for the village in general.
- Joan shared that the Chamber spends several thousands of dollars annually to advertise in newspapers with significant payoff.
Phillip and Joan will work together on an overall strategic PR plan and coordinate with the Van Neste team. Meeting set for April 17 at 9:30 in Village Hall. Ideas to include:
- June Kick-off
- Shovel in the (Garage) Ground in June
- 4th of July
- Car Show
- November Anniversary
- Tree Lighting
Website Update: Specs out again with a listing of requirements to aid with consistency of bids.
Van Neste Project Update: Looking to set up a committee that mirrors the Kasschau Shell committee to plan events in the park.
Items for next month’s agenda:
- Budget process and timetable so we ensure to get our projects consideration
- Van Neste Events Committee.
May 7, 2019
- Hits: 971