NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Sealed bid proposals will be received by the Village of Ridgewood, in the Village Hall, 3rd Floor Conference Room, Ridgewood, New Jersey 07451, on Tuesday, April 09, 2019, 10 am prevailing time, and then publicly opened and read aloud by the Director of Parks and Recreation, or his representative, for the following project:
Horticultural Supplies for the years 2019 and 2020
The work of the Contract shall be to supply Horticulture Supplies to the Village of Ridgewood Parks and Recreation Department and Project Pride, Ridgewood, New Jersey 07451, as needed and described in the contract specifications.
The bid package may be obtained from the Parks and Recreation Office at 259 North Maple Avenue, Ridgewood, New Jersey 07450,
- 670-5560 or by Email to email@example.com. Proposal packages may be examined or picked up in person between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., at 259 North Maple Avenue, Ridgewood, New Jersey 07450, Monday through Friday. Prospective respondents requesting proposal documents be mailed by postal service shall be responsible for providing their own postage/delivery service remuneration.
The contractual obligation of the Village of Ridgewood under this Contract for these items is contingent upon the availability of appropriated funds from which payment for this Contract can be made.
Prices quoted must be net and exclusive of all Federal, State and Local Sales and Excise Taxes. Bids may be submitted prior to the bid opening in person or by mail, addressed to the Office of the Village Clerk. The Village assumes no responsibility for loss or non-delivery of any bid sent to it prior to the Bid opening.
Each bid must be enclosed in a sealed envelope with the name of the bidder thereon and endorsed, “Horticultural Bid “, and the proposal must be accompanied by all items listed on the Bidder’s checklist included in the bid packet. This includes, but is not limited to:
- A certified check, cashier's check, or Bid Bond (Schedule B), drawn to the order of the Village of Ridgewood for ten percent (10%) of the amount bid, or $20,000, whichever is less.
- A Consent of Surety (Schedule A);
- A Corporation or Partnership Statement (Schedule C);
- A Non-Collusion Affidavit (Schedule D); a Statement of Responsibility (Schedule E);
- Certificate of Bidder Showing Ability to Perform Contract
- Statement of Ownership (Ownership Disclosure Certification)
- A copy of the bidder’s State of New Jersey Business Registration Certificate.
Any award or awards may be made at a later or subsequent time or meeting of the Village Council. All required schedules, that is Schedule A, B, C, D, and E, are required to be submitted on the forms attached to the bid documents. No other forms will be accepted.
The successful bidder shall comply with all applicable provisions of the Prevailing Wage Act, as determined by the New Jersey Department of Labor. All contractors, their subcontractors, and material suppliers shall comply with all applicable provisions of the Public Works Contractor Registration Act, pursuant to Public Law 1999 Chapter 238 and the Contractor Business Registration Program, pursuant to Public Law 2004 Chapter 57.
The successful bidder shall furnish and deliver to the Village of Ridgewood a performance and payment bond (Schedule F) in the amount of 100 percent of the accepted bid amount as security for the faithful performance of the Contract. Additionally, the successful bidder shall furnish policies or Certificates of Insurance required by the Contract. In default thereof, said checks and/or bid bond and the amount represented thereby shall be forfeited to the Village of Ridgewood as liquidated damages, not as a penalty.
Proposals submitted by Bidders and/or Bidder's Insurance Company(ies) not chartered in the State of New Jersey, must be accompanied by proper certificate(s) from the Secretary of State, indicating that such Bidders, Bidder's Insurance Company(ies), and/or Surety Company(ies) is (are) authorized to do business in the State of New Jersey. The Village of Ridgewood reserves the right to reject any or all bids, to waive any informality or to accept a bid which, in its judgment best serves the interest of the Village. No bids may be withdrawn for a period of sixty-days (60) after the date and time set for the opening of bids.
"BIDDERS ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF P.L.1975, C. 127. (NJAC 17:27) regarding Affirmative
Action and Executive Order No. 11246 regarding equal employment opportunity, as amended". A complete statement as to these requirements is included in the specifications.
By Order of the Village Manager
- Created on .
- Hits: 117