PUBLIC WORKS INSPECTOR
RIDGEWOOD WATER, VILLAGE OF RIDGEWOOD, Bergen County, NJ, is seeking a full-time Public Works Inspector for the water utility.
The responsibilities of the position include:
1) inspects and oversees construction of water mains, pumps, treatment systems and appurtenances;
2) interprets plans and specifications to ensure contractor compliance;
3) prepares sketches of construction installations to note changes and as-built conditions;
4) investigates problems and/or complaints received regarding construction activities and recommends appropriate remedial action;
5) examines workmanship of finished installations for conformity to standard and approves same; and
6) utilizes various software tools and databases to record daily logs of inspections, project quantities, contractor submittals, contractor payment requests and project correspondence.
- Hits: 779