Planning Board and Historic Preservation Commission
The Historic Preservation Commission shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- A. To identify, record and maintain a system for survey and inventory of all buildings, sites, places, landmarks and structures of historical or architectural significance based on the Secretary of the Interior's Standards and Guidelines for Archaeology and Historic Preservation (Standards and Guidelines for Identification) and to aid the public in understanding their worth, methods of preservation, techniques of gathering documentation and related matters.
- B. To advise the Planning Board on the relationship of the Historic Preservation Plan Element of the Master Plan to other Master Plan elements.
- C. To advise the Planning Board on the inclusion of historic sites and landmarks in the recommended Capital Improvement Program.
- D. To advise the Planning Board and Zoning Board of Adjustment on applications for development pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40:55D-110.
- E. To provide written reports pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40:55D-111 on the application of the Zoning Ordinance provisions concerning historic preservation. : Editor's Note: See Ch. 190, Land Use and Development, Art. X, Zoning.
- F. To carry out such other advisory, educational and informational functions as will promote historic preservation in the municipality.
- G. The Commission shall have all of the responsibilities detailed in N.J.S.A. 40:55D-109 and as the same may hereafter be amended and supplemented.
HISTORIC PRESERVATION COMMISSION MEETINGS:
Meetings are held on the second Thursday of every month at 8:00 p.m. in the Garden Room on the first floor
PLANNING BOARD MEETINGS:
Meetings are held the first and third Tuesday each month at 7:30 p.m in Sydney V. Stoldt, Jr. Courtroom on Level Four
- 2013 Valley Hospital Application to Ammend Master Plan H-Zone
- Proposed Master Plan Ammendment to Permit High Density Multifamily Housing Around the CBD
- North Walnut Street Redevelopment Plan
- HOW TO FILE AN APPLICATION WITH THE BOARD
- CONCEPT PLAN ATTACHMENT
- MINOR SITE PLAN (BY COMMITTEE) ATTACHMENT
- MINOR SITE PLAN (BY PUBLIC HEARING) ATTACHMENT
- PRELIMINARY MAJOR SITE PLAN ATTACHMENT
- FINAL MAJOR SITE PLAN ATTACHMENT
- MINOR SUBDIVISION ATTACHMENT
- PRELIMINARY MAJOR SUBDIVISION ATTACHMENT
- FINAL MAJOR SUBDIVISION ATTACHMENT
- VARIANCE APPLICATION CHECKLIST
- SITE PLAN EXEMPTION FORM
- PLANNING BOARD MEETINGS AND HEARINGS PROCEDURES
- PROCEDURE FOR FILING APPLICATION FOR REVIEW
- APPLICATION FOR HISTORIC COMMISSION REVIEW
- GUIDE FOR SIGNS
- GUIDE FOR AWNINGS
- GUIDE FOR BUILDING / FACADE RENOVATIONS
- Class I: Major of the village or the Mayor’s designee in the absence of the Mayor
- Class II: One of the officials of the village other than a member of the Village Council, to be appointed by the mayor
- Class III: A member of the Village Council to be appointed by it
- Class IV: Six village residents to be appointed by the Village Council. The members of the Class IV shall hold no other municipal office position or employment, except that one such member may be a member of the Zoning Board of Adjustment or Historic Preservation Commision and one such member may be a member of the Board of Education. For the purpose of this qualification, member on a municipal board or commission whose function is advisory in nature, and the establishment of which is discretionary and not required by statute, shall not be considered the holding of municipal office.
- Class I:
- Susan Knudsen (6/30/2018)
- Class II:
- David Scheibner (6/30/2018)
- Class III:
- Jeff Voigt (6/30/2018)
- Class IV:
- Joel Torielli (6/30/2017)
- Richard Joel (6/30/2018)
- Debbie Patire (6/30/2019)
- Isabella Altano (6/30/2017)
- Melanie McWilliams(6/30/2017)
- Alternate 1:
- Carrie Giordano (6/30/2017)
- Alternate 2:
- Frances Barto (6/30/2017)
- Christopher Martin, Esq., Board Attorney
- Elizabeth McManus, Planner
- Brigette Bogart, Planner
- Christopher J. Ruthishauser, PE, Village Engineer
- Michael Cafarelli, Board Secretary
Michael Cafarelli - Secretary
Phone: (201) 670-5500 x 240
Fax: (201) 670-7305