THE CENTRAL VALET SERVICE IN RIDGEWOOD CENTRAL BUSINESS DISTRICT IS NOW IN OPERATION
CENTRAL VALET SERVICE IN THE CENTRAL BUSINESS DISTRICT
A Central Valet service is available for all shoppers and diners in Ridgewood’s Central Business District on Friday and Saturday nights, from 6:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m., and running through December 30th. The location for the Central Valet service is Van Neste Square, opposite the bus station. The price per vehicle is $5.00, and some shops and restaurants will be paying that fee for their customers. There will be a listing of the shops and restaurants paying the valet service fee for their customers on the Village website, as well as being distributed at the Central Valet locations as they become available.
email address: email@example.com
As the weather begins to turn, Ridgewood Water would like to extend its gratitude to residents for their compliance with the water regulations established in Ordinance #3588. Moderate weather and two-day per week irrigation restrictions helped Ridgewood Water to get through the summer with no additional water restrictions.
As a reminder, two-day per week irrigation has been made permanent year round for conservation purposes. Please ensure that all irrigation complies with the following:
- Odd numbered addresses on Tuesday & Saturday
- Even numbered addresses on Wednesday & Sunday
- No irrigation is permitted between the hours of 10:00am and 6:00pm
- Automatic system use permitted only between 3:00am and 7:00am
Exemption permits are always available for smart controllers. As of September 20th, exemption permits to water new plantings for 21 consecutive days are also available. In the event that you are unable to finish all of your plantings this fall, exemption permits will also be available in the spring.
Please visit water.ridgewoodnj.net for additional information. We appreciate your efforts and thank you for helping to sustain the future of our water.
The Bergen County Board of Elections is currently recruiting poll workers. This important civic responsibility is open to all registered voters in Bergen County. It is vital to the democratic process to recruit and train reliable poll workers.
In order to be eligibility, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be able to work from approximately 5 AM to 9 PM on election day.
- Must be able to read and speak English.
- Must be registered to vote in Bergen County.
- Must complete a 2-hour Poll Worker Training Class.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Arriving at 5:15 AM to set up machines, poll books and other material at designated polling district.
- Sign-in voters and/or activate machine to receive voters.
- If necessary, assist voters in the operation of the electronic voting machine.
- Answer voter's procedural questions.
- Close polls at the end of the day which may include delivering materials to borough hall.
How to Apply:
- Call the Board of Elections at 201-336-6235 or 201-336-6230
- Complete the Poll Worker Application available here http://www.co.bergen.nj.us/DocumentCenter/View/5997 and fax to 201-336-6242 or mail to
- Bergen County Board of Elections, One Bergen County Plaza, 3rd Floor, Room 310, Hackensack, NJ 07601
- Upon approval of your application, you will be scheduled for a Poll Worker Training Class.
- After successful completion of training class, you will be assigned to a polling site and contacted with this information.
- $200 for Primary and General Elections.