20190820 Planning Board

The following minutes are a summary of the Planning Board meeting of August 20, 2019. Interested parties may request an audio recording of the meeting from the Board Secretary for a fee.

 

Call to Order & Statement of Compliance with the Open Public Meetings Act: Chairman Joel called the meeting to order at 7:35 p.m.

 

Roll Call – The following members were present: Mayor Hache, Chief Van Goor, Deputy Mayor Knudsen, Richard Joel, Joel Torielli, Debbie Patire, Frances Barto and Dianne O’Brien. Also present were Christopher Martin, Board Attorney; Maryann Bucci-Carter, Village Planner and Jane Wondergem, Board Secretary. Melanie Hooban and Alysson Wesner were absent.

Public Comments on Topics not Pending Before the Board – No one came forward.

 

Committee/Commission/Professional Updates for Non Agenda Topics – Chief Van Goor reported that the Site Plan Exemption Committee met and reviewed an application for Ridgewood Partners, LLC, 11 Oak Street. The application for new windows and siding was approved pending HPC approval.

Deputy Mayor Knudsen reported that she attended a Tree Nursery meeting where a resident asked why, when the site plan applications for the multi-family housing developments were approved, the town didn’t ask for money to be put into a tree fund due to the impact on the environment. Deputy Mayor Knudsen asked if a tree/environmental trust fund could be set up. Ms. Bucci-Carter said it is something that could be set up and is used in some towns. Deputy Mayor Knudsen asked if it could be a requirement for Board of Adjustment applications. There was Board discussion on this issue and environmental funds. Ms. Bucci-Carter talked about different ways that the state allows localities to exact impact fees. Deputy Mayor Knudsen and Mr. Martin asked Ms. Bucci-Carter to look further into the matter and the options available.

Deputy Mayor Knudsen said that the Master Plan Subcommittee said there are possible dates set for the charrettes in September. Deputy Mayor Knudsen will share the information with the entire Planning Board.

Correspondence Received by the Board – There was no correspondence.

Review of Ordinance #3741Ordinance to amend Chapter 190 of the Village Code at section 122E regarding signs in the B-1, B-2 and C Districts. Ms. Bucci-Carter summarized what the ordinance included. Deputy Mayor Knudsen explained the background of the ordinance and that it was an opportunity to allow businesses to have a more modern display. There were no Board questions. The Board voted to recommend adoption of this ordinance to the governing body.

 

Discussion re: Ordinance which would amend Chapter 190, Land Use and Development to require a driveway to be provided where a garage exists – Ms. Bucci-Carter summarized the revisions made in response to the Board comments from the previous meeting. There were no questions from the Board. The Board voted to recommend this ordinance to the governing body.

Discussion re: Amendment of Bylaws - There was Board discussion regarding the revisions being made to the Bylaws. Board members asked for clarification and in some sections, for a change in the wording, of various sections. Mr. Martin will make the revisions discussed and send to the Board members for review.

Adoption of Minutes:   The minutes from August 6, 2019 were adopted as drafted.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:37 p.m.

 

 

                                                                        Respectfully submitted,

                                                                        Jane Wondergem

                                                                        Board Secretary

Date Approved:  October 15, 2019

  • Hits: 581

COPYRIGHT © 2021 VILLAGE OF RIDGEWOOD

If you have any trouble with accessing information contained within this website, please contact Dylan Hansen - 201-670-5500 x276 or by email dhansen@ridgewoodnj.net.

Feedback