CSAC MEMBERS/Liaisons: Charles S. Di Marco, Joyce Docktor, Robert Fuhrman, Christopher J. Rutishauser, PE, Councilman Jeffrey Voigt
Others: Kalyan Patel, Ketan Patel
1) Franklin Avenue Corridor-Bergen County has rejected the proposed Two-Way Left Turn Lane. No progress to report on Municipal Agreements. Engineering Division requires AutoCad update to allow review/design comments of County plans.
2) Crosswalk at Van Emburgh Avenue/Hampshire Road-- Not begun as yet; still scheduled for 2019.
3) Discussions held with NJDOT; consultant to be selected; Village is requesting commitment by NJDOT to reimburse expenses.
4) CBDAC-- No Report.
5) Kenilworth Road/ Spring Avenue-- Northbound approach STOP Logo to be installed. CSAC recommended priority for installation before September school opening.
6) North Walnut Street-- Southbound interactive speed sign to be installed. CSAC recommended data collection BEFORE and AFTER installation to measure device effectiveness and as a reference for determining future use at other locations.
7) Union Street-- Thermoplastic markings contractor will refurbish existing devices as needed. Signal Division determined no need for additional signs/markings.
8) SSATF-- No report.
9) Starbucks Driveway--Additional visit to be made by Engineer; report at next CSAC meeting.
10) Irving Street/ East Ridgewood Avenue-- Bergen County approved new PED signs; installation pending.
11) Traffic Control Measures in The Lawns-- Engineering reported SCHOOL BUS STOP AHEAD sign may not be warranted. Engineer to review all proposed measures and report at next CSAC meeting.
12) West Glen Avenue Sidewalks-- Sections between Hillcrest Road and Heights Road scheduled for 2019. Other areas with physical/ ROW issues to be studied further.
13) Long-Term Programs/Policy Discussions(On-Going)-- No items presented.
1) Mr. Patel discussed the potential need for a marked crosswalk at S Hill Road/ Heights Road across West Glen Avenue.
2) CSAC Schedule- The August 15, 2019 meeting is cancelled.
NEXT MEETING: Thursday, September, 19, 2019 at 7:30 PM in the Garden Room at Village Hall.
- Hits: 194