20190411 - Central Business District Advisory Committee Minutes

Central Business District Advisory Committee

Meeting Minutes

April 11, 2019

 

 

In attendance: Ramon Hache, Gary Kolesaire, Chief Jaqueline Luthcke, Lorrain Reynolds, Michael Velicu, Gail McCarthy, Kathryn Schmidt, Michael Pickholz, Philip Davis, Bill Gilsenan

 

Absent: Amy Borque, Chris Rutishauser, Mary Jane Shinozuka

 

Also attending: Scott Lief, Joan Groom, Tom Hillman

 

Minutes of March 21 meeting were accepted.

 

Parking Update: 

  • Commuter-designated spaces now available to anyone after 3:00.
  • It was requested that we create temporary parking signage during these construction years to help commuters better understand parking options.
  • Agreed overall that parking signage needs to be simpler and better. 
  • North Broad Street parking revenue has increased as a result of changes to parking regulations, reflective of turnover of spaces.
  • Kiosks still are a source of complaint for some visitors.

 

Truck Deliveries

  • Gary had convened interested merchants to discuss solutions.  Suggestions included moving loading zones to the ends of streets, setting deliveries for earlier in the day, but no solution is perfect.
  • Discussed whether loading zone problems are universal throughout the CBD or particular to specific stores or restaurants.
  • Ramon will talk to landlords in question.

 

125th Anniversary

  • Committee has been set up.  November 20 is the actual anniversary date. Gail will research and provide more information.
  • It was recommended that the Village engage a PR firm to publicize and communicate the 125th anniversary of the Village in a significant way.  Such a PR investment could continue for the village in general.
  • Joan shared that the Chamber spends several thousands of dollars annually to advertise in newspapers with significant payoff.
  • Phillip and Joan will work together on an overall strategic PR plan and coordinate with the Van Neste team.  Meeting set for April 17 at 9:30 in Village Hall.  Ideas to include:
    • June Kick-off
    • Shovel in the (Garage) Ground in June
    • 4th of July
    • Car Show
    • November Anniversary
    • Tree Lighting

 

Website Update: Specs out again with a listing of requirements to aid with consistency of bids.

 

Van Neste Project Update: Looking to set up a committee that mirrors the Kasschau Shell committee to plan events in the park.

 

Items for next month’s agenda:

  • Budget process and timetable so we ensure to get our projects consideration
  • Van Neste Events Committee.

 

 

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

Kathryn Schmidt

May 7, 2019

  • Hits: 288

CONTACT THE VILLAGE

131 N MAPLE AVENUE
RIDGEWOOD, NJ  07450

MONDAY - FRIDAY: 8:30AM - 4:30PM
SATURDAY & SUNDAY - CLOSED

 

COPYRIGHT © 2019 VILLAGE OF RIDGEWOOD

Feedback